Our Guide to Selling A Home in Austin Texas
In This ArticleDownload Printable Version Where to Start
Establish Pricing & Timeline
Factors that Affect the Value
- Comparable Sold Properties
- Supply & Demand
- Reproduction Costs (Lot Value & Structural Value)
- Style, Finishes, Aesthetics
Prepare to List
Before your property goes live, it is extremely beneficial to begin generating interest early. Here are a few ways we will get the process started.
Complete Listing Agreement
To get started, we will need a copy of the signed listing agreement. This is a contract between you (the seller) and the listing broker agreeing to market your property for a certain period of time.
Preliminary Walk Through
We will advise and make recommendations when preparing to list your home. These may include decluttering, minor repairs, staging, creating curb appeal, and more.
We work with professional photographers to make sure your property is presented and showcased beautifully.
A “Coming Soon” sign will be placed in your property’s front yard. Once the listing is live, we will adjust the sign to reflect the “For Sale” status.
Marketing Strategy + Implementation
We will work to promote your listing across several online platforms including, but not limited to:
- MLS (Multiple Listing Service) - Your property will be listed on the MLS, which will make it accessible to all agents and potential buyers in your area. The listing will include property information, a detailed description, and professional photography.
- Your property will be syndicated to zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, other local real estate brokerage websites, and many other websites.
- Social Media Channels - We utilize our social media channels to promote listings by sharing high-quality interior and exterior images to position your property in its finest light to a growing audience.
Back to Top It's Really Happening!
Listing Your Property
Once your listing is active, here’s what you can expect.
Release Listing to MLS
Your property will be listed on the MLS, which will make it accessible to all agents and potential buyers in your area. The listing will include property information, a detailed description, and professional photography.
We will use a variety of social media platforms to promote your listing. Social media platforms serve as a vital source in positioning your home in front of thousands of qualified buyers.
Open House Event(s)
An open house is a great way to create hype around your home and gain exposure to potential buyers. We will use our scheduled open house(s) as another way to market property on a variety of social platforms and help increase awareness of your property.
Other agents will be required to give notice before showing your home to a potential buyer. It is essential to maintain the home in its best condition. We are happy to accommodate any special showing requests you have before your listing goes live.
We will contact agents that show your home to gather feedback from their clients and their impression of the condition, price, and staging of your home. We will keep you updated with status reports and any recommended changes.
8 Simple Steps to Selling Your Property
There are many steps associated with recieving an offer and getting your property sold. We will keep you updated on a regular basis so you are informed aout each step in the selling process.
Step 1 - Review Offer
We will review the offers and use our experience to provide recommendations about whether to accept, counter, or reject offer.
Step 2 - Execute the Contract
The contract becomes binding when all parties have agreed to terms and signed paperwork.
Step 3 - Option Period + Home Inspection
Option period is negotiated between the buyer and seller to allow the buyer time to inspect the property.
Step 4 - Financing
Once the contract is finalized, the buyer’s lender will order an appraisal to confirm the property’s value is sufficient. The lender will also review the buyer’s financial information to ensure it meets lending criteria.
Step 5 - Transfer Utilities
After we have final notice of the closing date, you will need to notify all utility companies to terminate or transfer your service.
Step 6 - Finalize Loan Documents
Once the buyer’s loan is fully approved, their lender will deliver their final loan documents to the title company to complete the settlement statement and establish a “clear to close.”
Step 7 - Review Settlement Statement
Prior to closing, the title company will complete the settlement statement, which is a complete accounting of the transaction.
Step 8 - Closing + Funding
We will attend the closing of your home to answer any questions you may have. You will sign all the required documents to transfer the title of your home to the buyer. Upon receipt of funds by the tidal company, your home will officially transfer, and you will receive the proceeds of the sale!Back to Top CLOSING
FINAL STEPS - MOVING FORWARD
Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. We will need the following information to move forward and begin preparation to list your property.
- Signed IABS (Information About Broker Services)
- This document informs our brokerage that you have received this form. Your initials will be requested.
- Signed Sellers Agreement
- A formal way of shaking hands and saying we’re going to get your property sold.
- Signed Sellers Disclosure
- A detailed list of improvements, modifications, or defects pertaining to the property.
- Existing Survey (If Needed)
- Please provide us with any existing survey from past sale or appraisal.
- Prior Inspection Report(s)
- Please provide us with any existing inspection report from a past sale.
- The city of austin requires an Energy Audit for homes and condos over 10 years old. There are some exceptions.