Because of Austin’s apartment boom, new apartment developments are starting to pop up all over Austin. Here is what to expect in S. Austin alone!
Six apartment projects are currently being planned or are under construction adding nearly 1,700 apartments in the next few years. Areas where apartment complexes being planned include:
- Post Lamar - Post South Lamar is a mixed-use development consisting of 298 units with 8,500 square feet of retail in 4 and 5-story buildings. Amenities include a pool, fitness center, business center, and convenient access to parking garage and fabulous views to Downtown Austin.
- Tree - 350 + luxury apartments on S 1st st. One and Two bedroom units, homes will include granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, walk in closets, full size washer/dryer, garden tub, separate shower. Amenities include: swimming pool w/ lounge beds and chairs, work out facility, pool tables, ping pong tables, bocce court, meditation fountain, conference room and coffees bar.
- The 704 – The 704 will include approximately 380 multifamily units and 20,000 square feet of new retail and restaurant space. The property will be built immediately to the north and south of the Broken Spoke, a landmark Texas country-western dance hall, which will remain.
- South Lamar Plaza – 400 apartment units TBD
- Gibson Flats - 202 Luxury Apartment units located on South Lamar and Gibson Street, the first apartments in the five-story building are expected to be ready for tenants by mid-2013.
- The Hanover on S. Lamar TBD