The Most Important Factors Austin Renters Search For
Searching for an apartment in Austin has never been easy. The rigors of finding a new place can often be so overwhelming that you find yourself forgetting important criteria or settling for less just so you can be done with the process. When you’re in the midst of your search for an Austin apartment, it can help to observe what other people in your situation are looking for. To help you out, we’ve gathered a list of the most crucial factors that Austin renters say they’re seeking.
Refining Your Online Search
As with many things these days, your Austin apartment search will probably start online. The most common search factors for apartment hunters are as follows:
- Affordability: Money is ultimately the biggest concern for most renters.
- Location: Proximity to workplaces and schools is also a key point.
- Pet Accommodations: Apartment policies on dog and cat breeds can often be deal-breakers.
- Accessibility: For seniors or those with disabilities, ease of access is very important.
- Space: Will your new apartment have enough room for your family?
Taking a Closer Look
Once you start narrowing down your search and begin touring Austin apartments, you’ll likely pay close attention to certain things. Here are the factors renters take notice of when seeing properties in person:
- Neighborhood: Will your apartment give you the opportunity to be a part of a local community?
- Utilities: It’s important to find out what’s included and what will run you extra per month.
- Specific Amenities: You may find it essential to have in-unit laundry or another specific feature.
- Aesthetic Features: The overall visual layout of an apartment can sometimes be enough to encourage people or drive them away.
- Property Staff: You may not see them every day, but the personnel working behind the scenes are vital.
The process of finding a “perfect” apartment - that ideal mix of affordability, space, amenities, and everything else you desire - is a difficult one, and the majority of renters say they feel the pressure to sacrifice something to meet their budget. While searching for their new place, here’s what Austin apartment hunters are most likely to compromise on:
- Square Footage: The usual first concession is settling for a smaller apartment.
- Price: Being smart with your budget may mean reevaluating the maximum price you’re willing to pay.
- Location: It’s possible that an affordable, spacious apartment might come at the cost of living farther away from school or the office.
At Pauly Presley Realty, we do all we can to make sure that you’re not compromising when looking for an Austin apartment. Whether or not you already know what criteria you’re looking for, we can help you refine your search and find an apartment that fits your lifestyle. Contact us today!